Sunday, August 3, 2008

Weekend at Lisa and Wright's Lake House









As most of you know my family was supposed to go visit my dear friend Ellen and her family, but she is sick and had gallbladder surgery and needs continued prayer for healing. My sister Lisa invited us to Lake Chatgue on the GA/NC border.


We had a blast fishing and cooking and grilling. Wright took us out for tours fun-I did knee boarding for quite a while, and tubed a little. It is harder to get flung off the tube when you are sharing-much easier if you are solo. My dad was also there for all the fun. It was a great weekend-i can't wait to be invited back! I keep realizing all these things that I really love doing that are new to me at 36. Water skiing, knee boarding, tubing, watching other people fish. Being so engrossed in a book that you make yourself get up every now and again to be social with real people. Lisa, Dad, and I are all guilty of this. I tried to tell Wright it was because we were so highly educated, but he thought my dad's book was fine but mine and Lisa's were crap!






No comments: