Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Birthday Boy




Today is my sweet Blake's 10th birthday. I cannot believe that he is in double digits now... We have plans for Krispy Kreme doughnuts and Zaxby's for lunch. Dan and I will go to school to celebrate with him. Later on, for dinner, we are going to his favorite-The Melting Pot. A lot has gone on around here since my last post. We had Spring Break-low key and fun trip to the lake with our friends the Thames. That is their fabulous boat the boys are on in the above pic. Mike likes to take people "boat ridin'" and we thouroughly enjoyed it. After the lake the boys and I went to Atlanta to visit my mom and Lisa. We ate at places that had closed in Bham-Bahama Breeze and On the Border. The waitress at OTB even gave me chips and salsa to bring home for Dan. We went to the World of Coca Cola. A fun and very syrupy trip to downtown. I think my mom and I tried about 30 different kinds and the boys had almost all 64! We came back to the final 9 weeks of school-YEAH! I am so ready for summer. I have been working 2 nights a week and going to classes. I now have my NIH (Natl Inst. of Health) Stroke Scale Certification and ACLS (Adv. Cardiac Life Support) Certification. I still am not used to working at night. I LOVE my coworkers, but I feel like a zombie! Dan's parents will be here Friday for Blake's birthday and Easter. After that, Dan is off to Vegas. I think this is the first time in 3 years that I am not going with him :( I am holding out for a trip in June when I can take a vacation day from work! I'll try to be better about posting...

No comments: