Saturday, February 6, 2010

Meal Planning and Yellow Belt



Hello. It is Saturday night-what are you doing? I am getting ready for bed and thinking about meal planning for the week ahead-BORING-I know. I do have to work tomorrow-how the heck did I not realize it was Super Bowl Sunday when I could make my schedule requests???
No party this year, but I am leaving D and the boys with lots of snacks to eat and a steak to grill.
Today B got promoted to yellow belt in jiu jitsu-he was very excited. I am going to try to get a better picture up soon, but am having issues...

Tonight we did not do leftovers as planned, but instead had Firecracker Shrimp from the Pioneer Woman-spicy and awesome!

The week ahead...
Sunday-grilled steak and snacks
Monday-Pasta Carbonara (we all love bacon and cheese)
Tuesday-Chicken and Rice
Wednesday-Thai Coconut Chicken soup and crab angels
Thursday-Jambalaya
Friday-leftovers (B has a party to go to for best friend G)
Saturday-Mexican Penne Pasta (from the freezer-made about 2 weeks ago from the Packet Queen-made enough for dinner for all of us and enough for lunch for me the next day)

Enjoy the Super Bowl!

Amy

2 comments:

Niki Jolene said...

Oooh, what are crab angels? They sound interesting!

:)

Amy A A said...

Crab Angels are wonderful! I kinda made up the recipe after eating them in our fave Thai restaurant. Make a mixture of cream cheese, lump crab and whatever Asian seasoning you like (garlic and ginger are good). The consistency should be thick. Put a dollop in the center of the wonton skin, moisten the edges and pinch to make a little purse. Bake at 375 for about 15 min until golden brown. Serve with sweet and sour sauce, soy sauce or a hot sauce. Easy and yummy!